Which Garage Door Opener Is Best For You?
Belt Driven Openers
Belt drives are regarded in the garage door industry as the best type of opener. Not only are belt drives as reliable as chain drives, but they are also virtually silent. This drive runs on a rubber belt and is typically more expensive than chain drive openers. If your garage is attached to your home and has surrounding bedrooms, you'll never be bothered by the noise of your garage door.
Liftmaster 8550W DC Battery Backup Belt Drive
Includes 3-button elite remote control and smart control panel
- Confidently know what’s going on at home with MyQ® Technology. It lets you monitor and control your Garage Door
Opener and home lighting from anywhere (when paired with the Internet Gateway).
- Receive email or text alerts so you always know the status of your garage door and home lighting.
- Download the MyQ® mobile app for free. No annual activation fee required.
- Compatible with HomeLink®
- Requires 828LM MyQ Internet Gateway to connect to MyQ Smartphone App.
- Get in your garage even when the power is out with Battery Backup.
- Always know your garage door is closed with Timer-to-Close, which automatically close the door after a pre-programmed number of minutes.
- Have your Garage Door Opener's lights turn on when you enter the garage with the Motion Detector feature.
- Prevent the door from closing if anything interrupts the safety beam that crosses the garage door opening..
- Lock down your garage door and electronically monitor against a forced opening with PosiLock®.
- Lifetime motor and belt, five-year parts and one-year Battery Backup warranties.
Convenient Opener Repair
Garage Door opener Repair Within 4 Hours - Guaranteed!
We will be out to repair your door opener within 4 hours or we will waive the service fee.
- Same Day Service
- All Phone Calls Answered By Live Operator 24/7
- Saturday & Sunday Appointments Available At No Extra Charge
- Evening Appointments Available At No Extra Charge Until 8:00pm, if scheduled by 5:00 P.M.
- 24/7 Emergency Service Available. When we say 24/7... We Mean It!
Call Today For Same Day Opener Repair or Replacement!
Common Problems With Garage Door Openers
Here are some of the most common problems seen by our technicians:
- Sagging Chain/Belt
- Flashing Lights
- Door Hums But Does Not Move
- Remote Not Working
- Wall Button Not Working
Garage Door Opener Repair Vs. Replacement
Very often when your garage door opener is not functioning properly it can be repaired. Diagnosing and repairing your existing motor may be a less expensive option than replacing the unit. We often recommend repair over replacement for this reason. We always maintain a full inventory of garage door opener parts on our trucks, so we can ordinarily repair it in a single visit.
There are also times when we recommend replacement:
- Federal Regulations (UL 325) were updated in 1993, which made garage door openers safer. If yours was manufactured prior to that date it is unlikely your house would even pass an inspection with it, so we recommend to replace in this situation.
- Safety concerns with a brand- If a manufacturer has been successfully sued for safety defects, we will not repair that model.
- No safety eyes - if the safety eyes are not present, the opener does not meet UL 325 compliance: therefore we will typically recommend replacement.
- If the brand no longer exists, parts for those openers will be unavailable and replacing is usually the only option
Garage door openers, like most other technologies today, are changing rapidly to include features that make your life easier and more secure. You can count on your Precision Door Technicican to expertly inform you about the newest garage door openers and accessories available!
Can Precision Fix My Opener in Particular?
Here at Precision, our technicians are certified to repair ALL major brands including: LiftMaster®, Chamberlain, Genie, Marantec, Sears, Overhead Door, Raynor, Stanley, Craftsman, and more!
24/7 Customer Service
At Precision Door, we understand the importance of providing our customers with around-the-clock support and scheduling. If you need help, we're here for you all day every day.